WE BELIEVE IN THE WAY THAT IS CALLED HOLINESS.
And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not
pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein. - Isaiah 35:8
Today the Church of Morgan County, Valhermoso Springs, Alabama stands as one of the original Way of
Holiness Churches - not a part of nor split-off from any other church or organization. We stand boldly in the
same spirit, with the Apostle Peter and say,
"this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;"
Surely His Church was built upon the rock.
On this page you will find teachings of the way of Holiness. If you study the contents you will find that it tells of
the teachings of our blessed Lord. If you keep the Covenant that is shown herein, you will surely enjoy the
communion of God's people and in the end receive Life everlasting.
This work was completed with the hope that it would be of some help to those who would like to become better
acquainted with the "Way of Holiness."
I do not mean for this work to be accepted as the final authority on any subject concerning the church doctrine. It
is a group of rules set forth for all to follow which is accepted by Holiness people everywhere.
This is dedicated to all the people of the Highway Holiness Church, (formerly known as Margaret Road
Holiness Church) and especially to the many young people who have started to walk in the Way.
Melvin E. Brown, Pastor
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their
hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. - Heb. 10:
16-17 (Jer. 31:31; Jer 32:38)
- We believe in the second birth (St. John 3:3; I John 5:1)
- We believe in being born into the family of God, or into the Church which is the body of Christ (Eph. 1:
22-23) by the Spirit of God, which is the Holy Ghost.
- That repentance is the first step to salvation the baptism of the Holy Ghost subsequence a clean heart,
also a gift from God. (Matt. 3:11; Mark 1:8; Luke 3:16; John 1:33; Acts 1:5; 2:38; 11:16; Eph. 2:8)
- In being sanctified with the blood of the Covenant (Heb. 10:29) by the Holy Ghost. (Rom. 15:16) Which
is the Spirit of our God. (I Cor. 6:11)
- Holiness is God's standard of living for all of His people. (Luke 1:75)
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement. (James 5:14)
- In baptism, by immersion, in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. (Matt. 28:19)
- That the five signs, written in St. Mark, will follow every Christian or believer in Christ. (Mark 16:17-18)
- That the nine Spiritual gifts should operate in the Church. (I Cor. 12:7-11)
- The Lord's Supper, with feet washing. (John 13:1-17; I Cor. 11:23-24) (The Communion Service)
- Free worship with all Christians.
- The leadership of the Spirit will harmonize with the Bible or word of God, and will not cause confusion.
(Rom. 8:14; James 3:17-18)
- Confusion is of the carnal mind, for God is not the Author of it. (I Cor. 3:3/14:33)
- Marking them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the Doctrine and avoiding them. (Rom.
- Neither bidding them God Speed. (II John 10)
- Obeying or keeping the Ten Commandments. (Matt. 19:17; John 14:15) As taught in New Testament.
- Growing in the Grace and knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ. (II Peter 3:18)
- That all scripture is given by the inspiration of God, and is profitable for the ministry. (II Tim. 3:16)
- That we should not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. (Matt. 4:3-4)
- Greeting all the brethren with a Holy kiss or kiss of Charity. (Rom. 16:16; I Cor. 16:20; II Cor. 13:12; I
Thes. 5:26; I Peter 5:14)
- Women should also follow this rule, Sister greeting sister.
- In all things being done decently and in order. (I Cor. 14:40)
- That man can fall from Grace.
- If man will keep the commandments he will not fall. (II Peter 1:10)
- That Christians should have a pure mind. (II Peter 3:1; John 3:3; Phil. 4:8)
- After coming into possession of the Holy Ghost, or the Spirit of God, if for any reason He the Holy
Ghost, should depart from any one of us, there will be no redemption for that person neither in this
world nor the world to come. (Heb. 6:2-10) For those who have been enlightened to the truth of God's
words and have repented, and have tasted of the Heavenly Gift, and become partakers of the Holy
Ghost, if they should willfully transgress the Law that God has made with this people, there is no
second repentance, nor redemption. (Heb. 10:26-31)
- In living free from sin. (I John 3:9)
- We believe that we should cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting
holiness in the fear of God. (II Cor. 7:1; Gal 5 16-21)
- In completely abstaining from the use of alcoholic drinks, tobacco and any other thing of this nature,
that would defile the flesh or cause one to become intoxicated. (Gal. 5:19-21)
- We should dress in modest apparel at all times; in clothes that are decent and not too extreme. (I Tim.
- That the sisters should abstain from the use of make up that would cause them to look, in
appearance, like the women of the world.
- We should not be conformed to the world, but rather be transformed by the renewing of our mind.
- Marriage is ordained by God to be between a man and a woman (Matt 19:4-6, Mark 10:6-9, 1
Corinthians 7:1-16, Colossians 3:18-19, Hebrews 13:4-7)
- The sisters should have long hair, (I Cor. 11:15) to be otherwise minded is contention, and we have no
such customs. (I Cor. 11:16)
- The sisters should be obedient to their own husbands. (Titus 2-5)
- Women should be in silence in the affairs of the church. (I Cor. 14-34)
- No woman is permitted to hold the office of teacher, minister, pastor or any other office where they
would usurp authority over the men. (I Tim. 2:12)
|The Grace of God that bringeth Salvation hath appeared unto all men. This grace teaches us that we |
|should deny ungodliness and worldly lusts: That we should live soberly, righteously and Godly in this |
|We should always be looking for the glorious appearing of the great God and Savior Jesus Christ. He |
|gave Himself for us, that He might redeem and purify unto Himself a peculiar people zealous of good |
works. (Titus 2:11-14)
|Request More Information
For more information EMail us at: email@example.com
or send letters to: Valhermoso Holiness Church
% Bro. Tim Patrick
1984 Putter Circle NE
Arab, AL 35016
Our Belief -
The Church Covenant of
The Way Of Holiness
This Sermon is one that Brother Melvin presented on July 15,
2007 outlining the Standard of Holiness. You will find the text and
references in the information below.